Wednesday 30 November 2016

Going to College for Therapy


somali cat is ready for pet therapy visit

I had a different type of therapy visit yesterday! My human and I went to the local state university. There were also three dog teams, but the university specifically requested a cat. From what I hear, most of the students liked the dogs, but quite a few of them said they really wished there was a kitty for them to pet. That sounds like something my human would have said, so she was happy to oblige with me.

Break 4 Paws sign

The lunchtime event was called “Break 4 Paws,” and they had a sign. It said that we “will be visiting the campus to share the joy, comfort and healing power of their wonderful therapy dogs. If you are looking for a break from the stress of the new school year, be sure to stop by to enjoy a therapy dog’s unconditional love.” I’m actually the first cat they have had to one of these, so they are excused for not mentioning kitties.

It took place outdoors, and we had a large shaded area to meet and greet the students. I was set off a ways from the dogs so I wouldn’t distract them. I’m not used to being outside in such an open area, so I was a little nervous. It was very different from being inside an enclosed cat show, where I had my own table and enclosure. But I was happy to meet all the students, and some professors, and they were all very nice. A lot of them were very surprised at how calm I was. Maybe they should have seen me earlier, when I wanted to climb the tree behind us! But once people began coming up and petting me, I stayed put.

I wound up having a nice time, even though there were no beds to jump on like at the hospitals. I met so many students, and lots of them wanted to stay with me past their allotted time. My human and I wound up hanging out a little longer than the dogs and when we got back to the car, I was purring happily. My human would like me to get a little more comfortable outside, so we may do some more outdoor activities.

* * *

The post Going to College for Therapy appeared first on SparkleCat.





Source link

 

The post Going to College for Therapy appeared first on Cats n Things.



from
http://catsnthings.com/going-to-college-for-therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment