Friday 24 February 2017

A Stroll Outside and Bell Practice


somali cat on bridge in sunlight

I got to go outside for a stroll! My human said I needed to get out of the house because I was “causing trouble.” Apparently that means trying to jump on top of something that already has a stack of stuff on it, crawling behind things I’m not supposed to be behind and running off when my human tries to stop me. But when my human brought out my harness and leash, I purred lots! We went out back and I hung out for a while on the bridge that leads to the upstairs apartment.

somali cat bird watching

The birds were hanging out too and I got to watch them! Bird TV is even more fun when you’re outside.

somali cat rubbing against

I also rubbed against the railing, to let the local stray cat know I’ve been there. He’s nasty and he sprays sometimes. My human would like to trap him and take him to Fixnation for a “small procedure.” Maybe she will one of these days.

somali cat overlooking the backyard

I also got to check out the backyard, but we didn’t go down there this time. My human says she has never seen it so lush and green! It has rained a lot here this winter.

somali cat looks at lemon seedlings

My human’s boyfriend is trying to grow some lemon trees from seeds. They are doing okay in the pot, but the one he actually planted outside is doing really well! I’ll have to find out where it is next time we go out.

somali cat sitting next to pot of lemon tree seedlings

Anyhow, enough of that! We are also out here for me to get some practice with my bell ringing. Which means treats!

somali cat ringing a desk ball on some brick planters

Even though it’s been a while, I did really, really well! I rang the bell every chance I could get! My human had to remind me I only got the treat when she gave the command.

somali cat ringing desk bell on blue tile

We even changed location and I still did it consistently. Then when we went back inside, my human had me do it for her boyfriend too. So my bell practice went really well! My human hopes I will be just as good at the cat show on Saturday.

* * *

The post A Stroll Outside and Bell Practice appeared first on SparkleCat.





Source link

 

The post A Stroll Outside and Bell Practice appeared first on Cats n Things.



from
http://catsnthings.com/a-stroll-outside-and-bell-practice

No comments:

Post a Comment