Monday 27 February 2017

Sizzle Gets His Grand


somali cat in her favorite dress

If you read yesterday’s post, you know I had a long day at the cat show! But I wasn’t the only one — my half-brother Sizzle had a lot to do too!

male somali cat getting groomed for cat show judging

He had to go to six judging rings, so he spent a lot of time getting groomed. To keep him from getting bored or distracted, his human put down some treats for him to enjoy.

male somali cat being examined by judge

The judges picked through his fur and examined every part of him.

cat show judge talking to male somali cat

Even though he got manhandled a lot, the judges were often sweet to him too, including this judge.

male somali cat in benching cage, with ribbons

All his hard work (and his human’s) paid off! He only needed a few more points to earn his Grand title, and he managed that by finaling in one ring. But then he got two more finals! It’s a very exciting day when an intact cat earns his (or her) Grand — it takes 200 points. I only needed 75 as a Premier (spayed cat) to earn my Grand title.

In case you are wondering where Vana was, she competed in a different cat show up north. The cat show Sizzle and I were at was a CFA show, and Vana’s was a TICA show. At her show, she earned her Supreme title, and that is also a big deal! It’s the high title every cat aspires to in TICA. I earned my Supreme title in TICA, but it took me all season, and then one more show into the next season. Vana got hers in one season with two months left to go!

somali cat in dress ringing a bell

While Sizzle was going back and forth to the rings, I visited with the public! People were really excited to pet me and see me do tricks. I rang my bell lots at the beginning. In fact, my human shot a really long and slow Facebook Live video of me doing it, and other tricks.

somali cat napping in enclosure at cat show

I did take nap breaks when I needed to. People were allowed to rub my belly during my breaks because I like that.

somali cat in dress licking her lips

Don’t tell Sizzle, but I stole some of his grooming treats.

* * *

The post Sizzle Gets His Grand appeared first on SparkleCat.





Source link

 

The post Sizzle Gets His Grand appeared first on Cats n Things.



from
http://catsnthings.com/sizzle-gets-his-grand

No comments:

Post a Comment