Monday 23 January 2017

Rainy Day Cat Therapy


somali cat in car, waiting to get working

As you may have heard, it has been mostly rainy around here the past few days. Sunday was the worst! It was pouring for much of the day. But you know what? My human and I had a therapy cat visit scheduled at one of my regular hospitals, and we went. When she let me out of my carrier to get ready, and I looked out the window, the view was gray and wet.

somali cat wearing therapy cat vest

It didn’t matter. There was no way I was going to let down the patients, the staff or their families. In fact, the very first humans I saw, when we were going to sign in, got excited when they saw me.

They told me their mother would love to see me… and she was on one of the floors I visit. When I got to their mother’s floor, they were there waiting for the nurse to finish something. Then one of them immediately grabbed me and my human and took us in. My human didn’t even have time to grab a sheet. (We need sheets to cover bedridden patients so I have somewhere to lie down.) Fortunately there was one in a nearby closet, so she put it over the mother and I was able to lie down next to her and do my healing purrs. The mother talked up a storm, but unfortunately it was all in Spanish. My human understood a little bit, enough to tell her my name and how old I was. It didn’t matter — I was doing most of the work anyway.

somali cat looking out window by hospital elevators

This time, I only visited a few patients, even though I was on every floor that we are supposed to go to. Once or twice, someone in the patient’s family wanted to see me, even though the patient wasn’t interested. A lot of the staff was thrilled to see me! They are always happy when I come around, but it seemed like they were even more excited than usual. Maybe because it was such a dreary day.

somali cat in volunteer sign-in room

I was so glad to be of service.

* * *

The post Rainy Day Cat Therapy appeared first on SparkleCat.





Source link

 

The post Rainy Day Cat Therapy appeared first on Cats n Things.



from
http://catsnthings.com/rainy-day-cat-therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment