Friday 30 December 2016

Looking Back at 2016 for Flashback Friday


somali cat looking back at 2016

2016 has been a crazy year, hasn’t it? It has not been a good year for lots of humans, but it has been very exciting for me. And I know I will be doing a lot in 2017! But right now, I want to look back at some of the events in the past year that you guys enjoyed the most. Although I had many fun times every month, I’ll just pick one that I know you all especially enjoyed.

January

cats on leashes, somali cat, tortoiseshell cat

I did two out of town cat shows in January, and everyone enjoyed reading about them, but what made everyone the happiest was seeing Binga on a leash for the first time! She has been out on walks around the house a bunch of times since then, and she really enjoys it.

February

somali cat posing on a Valentines Day set

I got a couple of nice outfits for Valentine’s Day, and I modeled them! My human has since misplaced my favorite — the red dress with the polka dots. I hope she finds it before the weather starts warming up!

March

Somali cat in carrier, waiting for the Blessing of the Animals
I went down to Olvera Street to the Blessing of the Animals! That was even more special than flying up to San Jose for a cat show. I hope I can do it again in 2017.

April

somali cat relaxing by a vintage still camera
In April, I did a very different type of photo shoot, with a tintype photographer! If you want to see the results of the session, you can see them here.

May

somali cat in living room with harness on

This was a big month for me — I got approved to be a therapy cat! It was another month before I got to start going out on visits, though. That was mainly my human’s fault — I was up to date on my shots, but she wasn’t!

June

somali cat on lounger
The big news for June, of course, was BlogPaws, and I think my favorite part of it was visiting the Cat Style Lounge! My human and I were very busy the whole time, and I had more outfit changes than she did!

July

somali cat in therapy cat vest

I really started to hit my stride as a therapy cat this month. It was the first time I visited the hospital where I see lots of children, and I learned lots.

August

somali cat in cardboard fighter plane
I started really working hard on my 2017 calendar and doing lots of photo shoots. I think posing with my fighter plane was my favorite out of all of them.

September

four somali kittens in CFA judging ring cages
Although I continued to do shows, it was as a Pet Me cat. I left the competing to my younger half-siblings, Sizzle, Riser and Vana. Riser lives (and is being spoiled greatly) in Brazil now; I still see Sizzle at the local shows, and Vana is my breeder’s top competitive kitty for the next few months.

October

ragdoll mix cat getting ready for a bath
I had a lot of fun trying on costumes, going on therapy cat visits, and doing training sessions… but what got the biggest response from my readers? Boodie’s spa day! Boodie was looking a bit messy, and my human decided to bathe her. The results were pretty great! She’s due for a really good comb-out right now, but I think it will be a while before she goes under the faucet again.

November

somali cat with a pile of cat clothes
Christmas came early to my house when I got an awesome, and very needed, gift from my human!

December

somali cat in coat at Vancouver International airport baggage claim
And of course the big news for this month was my trip to Vancouver! It was very exciting, and I got to see a lot. My human says we will be going back again in late February, and I can’t wait!

I bet I will have even more fun in 2017 than I did in 2016!

* * *

The post Looking Back at 2016 for Flashback Friday appeared first on SparkleCat.





Source link

 

The post Looking Back at 2016 for Flashback Friday appeared first on Cats n Things.



from
http://catsnthings.com/looking-back-at-2016-for-flashback-friday

No comments:

Post a Comment